When I was in middle school, there was a girl whose mom packed her homemade lunchables and cucumbers everyday. I was so jealous, because her lunch looked so tasty and delicious. So now, as an adult, I've been creating my own.
|Ladies who lunch eat this.|
Grown Up LunchablesIngredients
cured meat or deli meat (pictured is some Soppressata I bought at the Buon Italia at Chelsea Market)
slices of cheese (I use whatever fancy CSA cheese I have or white cheddar)
crackers (I've very fond of the Glutino brand)
- Slice up the meat & cheese. Count out an equal number of cheese pieces, meat slices and crackers (I aim for 8).
- Stick it in your lunch box. You can also put a delicious treat in there, as well.
- Slice up your cucumber.
- Sprinkle the cucumber with salt.
- Stick the cucumber in a plastic bag with the lemon wedge. Don't put the cucumber in your lunch box because it will get watery and you dont want cucumber juice all over your crackers.
- Head to work (or if you like to make lunch the night before, have a nice sleep).