Monday, July 23, 2012

Working Lunch

Sorry I have been MIA, it had someone staying at my house and didn't want to be that girl taking pictures of my food, and then I (on purpose) ate some gluten and was out of commission for like a week. Sorry Momofuku, your crack pie isn't worth it. Anyway, I'm having a bit of a time getting my grove back, so this post won't include a recipe, per say, but since I eat the same thing for lunch every single I figured I would share.

When I was in middle school, there was a girl whose mom packed her homemade lunchables and cucumbers everyday. I was so jealous, because her lunch looked so tasty and delicious. So now, as an adult, I've been creating my own.

Ladies who lunch eat this.

Grown Up Lunchables

Ingredients
cured meat or deli meat (pictured is some Soppressata I bought at the Buon Italia at Chelsea Market)
slices of cheese (I use whatever fancy CSA cheese I have or white cheddar)
crackers (I've very fond of the Glutino brand)

cucumbers
sea salt
lemon wedge

Instructions
  • Slice up the meat & cheese. Count out an equal number of cheese pieces, meat slices and crackers (I aim for 8).
  • Stick it in your lunch box. You can also put a delicious treat in there, as well.
  • Slice up your cucumber.
  • Sprinkle the cucumber with salt.
  • Stick the cucumber in a plastic bag with the lemon wedge. Don't put the cucumber in your lunch box because it will get watery and you dont want cucumber juice all over your crackers.
  • Head to work (or if you like to make lunch the night before, have a nice sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment