I happen to be a classy, single lady and the most important thing to creating a fancy tortilla for one is a small cast iron pan. I use a 6.5-inch cast iron pan, and it is basically the most important tool for cooking for one. Anywho, on to the recipe:
1 potato (unless you have tiny potatoes, then you'll need 2)
~1 oz of cheese (I used cheese I got at my last CSA, any cheese with work. Go for it!)
- Pre-heat your pan over medium on the stove top.
- Wash the potato and the chives. Peel the potato.
- Slice the potato into thin slices. I aim for about .5 cm slices. You can make yours any size you want. You can even cut the potato into cubes if you are feeling adventurous.
- Put the pieces of potato in the pan. Grab your olive oil and pour. You want enough olive oil to cover the potatoes. Let the potatoes cook until the are soft and start to get just a bit of brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking crack the eggs and scramble them up with a fork (or use a whisk).
- Chop the chives into small bits. Break up the cheese.
- Put the chives and cheese bits into the eggs and scramble them up some more.
- Back to the potatoes, now that they are nice and soft drain out the excess oil and discard.
- Put the pan with the potatoes back on the burner. Salt your potatoes. If you forget to salt the potatoes at this point, you will regret it. Pour your eggs over the potatoes. Let it cook until the eggs start to set.
- At this point turn on the broiler in your oven.
- When the eggs are firmly set on the bottom, stick your pan under the broiler.
- The tortilla should only have to sit under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. When you tortilla is just starting to brown on the top, take it out of the oven.
- Flip your tortilla onto a plate and enjoy!